Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Zooming along...

I've got my front and back pieces done already! I cast on for sleeves last night and have made a few increases...It's all just 2x2 ribbing. Fast and easy!

Here are the front pieces blocking:



I'm using Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed for this cardi -- very nice and soft when it's knitted up. I haven't quite decided on which collar I'm going to make yet.

Is anybody making the full ribbed version? I don't know if it's a mistake in the instructions, but the front pieces of the ribbed version is 13" long before the armholes, but for the back piece and the plain front pieces, the length is 12.5". Of course being the indecisive girl that I am, I made mine 12.75".

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Felicia,

The Ribby Cardi is beautiful in the yarn you chose. Tell us about how you blocked it. Did you spray with water and then pin?

I hope that someone will reply to your question about the discrepancy between the fronts and back in the full ribbed version. You came up with a good solution, but I would like to hear what other folks are doing.

Can't wait to see the sleeves!

6:14 AM

 
Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Hey Martha,

I always pin first, then spray... but I know some people will wet the entire piece, remove the excess with a towel, then pin. I just find my way easier! Sorry, lazy finisher here!

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Martha said...

Felicia,

Your pieces are always so beautiful. If that's the result of being lazy then more power to you!

M.

1:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home