Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Hi!

Hi all - I'm Cara and I'm making a plain panel Ribby Cardi. I'm using the Peruvian Highland wool. The colors I've chosen are antique blue (body) and grape heather (arms):

I took the pictures out because they don't come up. Sorry!

I've started on the back and am almost finished. I had to rip out all the decreases the first go around - I don't know what happened, but somehow I missed a decrease on one side, but completed it on the other so my numbers were off. All is good now and I hope to have the back finished tonight. My blog updates so far are here.

I'm not real crazy about the yarn - it knits very nicely, that's for sure, but it's a little scratchy for my taste. I know I'll never wear the Cardi without something under it, but still, I would've liked a softer feel.

Thanks for having me as part of the group! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new knits!

6 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

I agree with you about the Peruvian Highland Wool. I used it for the Backyard Leaves scarf (http://scarfstyle.blogspot.com/2004/12/backyard-leaves-finished.html#comments)and I thought it was scratchy too. Unfortunately, I had already ordered 10 skeins of Oxford grey for the Ribby. Oh, well. It's a pretty color and you can't beat the price.

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi Cara...yes, a little scratchy so maybe that's why they made it into a cardi? I don't mind it...but then I'm not sensitive to wools like some people are. Love your colours but the pictures weren't coming up for me on the KAL page. Might want to check your link?

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Never mind Cara...it might be me...they show up and then they don't show up...weird...LOL

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Leisel said...

Hi, Cara...

I think your colors will look lovely.

I do agree with you about the Peruvian Highland wool. I noticed as I was knitting up my swatch that the yarn was hurting my fingers as it passed over them. I do really love how it knits up, though... very nice.

On the other hand, I picked up some Cascade 220 Quattro (also listed as being 100% Peruvian highland wool) for another project I'm working on, and it does not hurt my hands to knit it.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger My Still Life said...

Hi, Cara! I had the same problem with the back...got off on the decreases and had to frog. I love the colors you chose and can't wait to hear more about your progress!

~Meredith

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Hi all - thanks for the comments! I'm not sure why the pictures keep going in and out. I recently switched servers, so it may be a propagation problem. I actually finished the back - I don't know how I messed up the decreases the first time - they are actually quite easy. The pattern is written really well. I'll have some pictures tomorrow. Thanks again!

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home