Friday, December 24, 2004

Needle Size Choices?

Hi...I'm wondering what size needles everyone is using to make their cardis with? Did you get on gauge with the needle size recommended or did you have to use a different size? If you did, what size did you use? I started out with the recommended 4.5 mm but since it turned out on the smallish side, I'll probably go up to 5.0 mm on my second try. I didn't do gauge the first time (BAD GIRL! LOL) but I thought it'd be fine to start out and re-start if needed which is what I'll be doing. I'll be doing gauge now. I've been preoccupied with scarves at the moment on holidays because it's an easy knit but will get back to my cardi soon. In the meantime, just thought I'd pose the question to everyone who's well on their way already. Thanks everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Papaya said...

I didn't swatch either--I went with size 8's (bamboo) and my gauge is just a little bit big. I'm not to concerned though--from what I read, the cardi seems to be sized a little small so my gauge problem shouldn't be a bad thing.

12:38 PM

 
Blogger goodkarma said...

I'm starting with a #6 and then switching to a #7, just like the pattern recommended, and I'm using the recommended yarn, which simplifies things. I'm using Addi Turbos, which (for me) seem to help me knit pretty uniformly, not too tight. And they're FAST! :)

12:43 PM

 
Blogger Lu said...

I am using the suggested yarn, but I needed to go up a needle size (#8) to obtain the right gauge. I did swatch - being a good girl for a change.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Tawana said...

I'm using the needle size and yarn suggested for the pattern, But I found that it looks kinda of small, so for the next one I will knit the next size. But I will wait to see how the fininshed one looks.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger Scoutj said...

I'm not even going to try the 6's and 7's based on what everyone's saying here. I think I'll go today and buy some Addi 8's and do a swatch. I want mine to be bigger for sure as I'm pretty tall and have boobs!

6:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home