Friday, January 21, 2005

Blocking!

Okay, this is my first post and it has taken me an hour to figure out how to post a picture so I hope this works! I finally finished both sleeves (which I knit at the same time) and blocked the front and back pieces last night. I'm using New Leaf and Grape Heather - the purple for the back and arms, the green for the front and collar. The sleeves took me forever, but then again, I think I am probably the slowest knitter on here! I ordered two zippers from an online place (in two different colors, I wasn't sure what color would look best) and am about to start picking up stitches for the front bands. Oh, and about an hour after I took the above picture (in my laundry room!), the shaking of the washer threw the board off and it landed upside down on the floor - right on top of the cat's litter box. yeah, ewwwwwwwww! Luckily no damage was done :)
Back and both front pieces blocking Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

that's a great color combination. i can't wait to see it finished. i can't wait to start mine!

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Leisel said...

Where online did you order the zippers from?

4:52 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

I ordered them from here:

http://www.stanssewingsupplies.com/

I really don't know anything about this site but they had a great selection.

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home