Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Finished (too small) Ribby


Finished Ribby2 Posted by Hello

After sulking over it for a week, I finally finished my Ribby. I hand sewed the zipper and stitched the collar over. For some reason I can't get both pictures to publish in one post so the collar picture is in a separate post. Even though the sweater is too small, I am proud of myself for finishing my first (adult sized) sweater and I think it looks nice. I might try one last time to wet block it and see if I can stretch it out some.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

It's gorgeous!! Sorry it doesn't fit but it's really lovely! Can someone else wear it?

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Scoutj said...

It's super cute!!!

12:27 PM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That looks so great! I hope you are able to give it as a gift. It would make someone very happy!!
C

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Beverly Barton said...

Boy, am I glad I sized up for my daughter on this! And the Luxe I am using is 5 spi on the 7. But still, it is very pretty, try to block it again. Elizabeth Zimmermann and Meg Swansen once did an article in VK about making a baby blanket, then blocking it out severely, as they put it, to make a shawl for the mom after the baby was older. I think that thing was stretch to nearly double the original size.

3:20 PM

 
Blogger caitlyn said...

It's *beautiful*!!! Even if it's too small, you did great!!

6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home