Monday, February 21, 2005

Mid-Indigo Blue/Rosewood Ribby Done!!

FO - Ribby Cardi
FO - Ribby Cardi,
originally uploaded by Roxanne2005.
I'm done! I had my zipper installed by a seamstress for $20 and she's wearable now! Notes about the pattern: (1) I used 5.0 mm instead of 4.5 mm for the body panels to give the ribbing a bit more "spring"; (2) The collar was supposed to be a mock turtleneck version but it ended up a bit long and the seamstress thought it best to put the zipper just to the top of the front panels which works for me as it sits better this way; and (3) I made the back panel slightly shorter than the front panels and had to pick up stitches and add the blue at the bottom to make them even in length...an "oops" to start but turned out nicely anyways. I have a "wearing it" photo on my blog if you'd like to see it on: Knit 'n' Purl Zen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

When and if I EVER finish I'm going to have a seamstress do the zipper too! I think it looks great! Good job.

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Roxanne said...

Thanks Scout...can't wait to see yours when it's done too!

2:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home