Sunday, February 20, 2005

Waiting

A couple of weeks ago I purchased the Peruvian Highland Wool in Antique Rose. I love the color, but I just realized a few days ago that I bought one skein too few. The color isn't available now, and elann.com isn't sure when/if it will be available again. I went ahead and ordered more in a different shade (Rose Pink) so I can have at least one Ribby Cardi to start, but I'm not sure what to do with the Antique Rose that I have. I can hang onto it for another week before I have to send it back within the 30-day return period (store credit is always a good thing, right?) but I really, really love the color and am hoping to track down another skein, even if it's a different dye lot. In the meantime, I'm checking out everyone else's beautiful sweaters and itching to start my own. Can't wait 'til I have some progress to show off ; )

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi Amy...were you going to use the Antique Rose for the sleeves? How about a stripe of your second colour to make-up for the skein you're short of? Or did you want the cardigan all one colour? I know I had about 2/3 of a skein left over on the body/front panels part and maybe with a little creativeness in adding your other colour, you could probably use the colour you want to.

8:15 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah, I want to make it all one color. I considered doing a two-color version, but it's just not me ; )

5:09 AM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:20 AM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Hi Amy,

I have seven skiens of the Antique Rose that I'm not planning on using right now. email me your address and I'll send a skein or two out to you!

5:22 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Wow! That would be great, Nicole. I can't seem to find your e-mail address on this page, but you can e-mail me at seamstressed@stinkerpie.net .

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home