Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Starting Ribby--Size Question

Hi all,

I've been wanting to make a ribby for the last year, and the restocking of the Peruvian wool was just the encouragement I needed to start it!

So I've read many of the posts on the best cast on, widening the sleeves, adding length, etc., and I'm ready to dive in. But I'm not certain the best size to make! I've made lots of baby sweaters, and only one other sweater for myself which was a disappointing fit. So I'd like to get this one right!

I'm about a 37 inch bust. Will the size 38/39 be large enough? I want to make one with flat pannels.

Thanks for any advice!

Laura

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

The second size number is the bust measurement for the flat pannel version, so if you make that size the sweater will be 39 inches..

Depending on the fit you want.. you could either go with the 39 or go down a size to the 37. It just depends on if you want a tighter fit or not.. I personally think they look best a little snug, but you don't want it to be too tight either.

I guess it'd also depend on what you want to wear with it.. It's all about ease and all that.

Hope that helps some : )

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm a 37" and made the 38/39" and it fits me perfectly. I just posted a picture.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home