Tuesday, December 07, 2004

What??? Not enough yarn???

Let me preface this by saying that this is my first sweater... so I'm using that as my excuse!

I'm making the Ribby Cardi in Peridot and Nutmeg Heather and I thought I ordered the correct number of skeins. Of course, halfway through my second sleeve, I could sense that I wasn't going to have enough Nutmeg Heather. And there's no more Nutmeg Heather on sale at Elann! Horrors!!

So I did the following:



Which means the sweater only has one stripe on one sleeve. My husband tried to console me by telling me the sweater will look better with one stripe than putting them on both sleeves.

Sigh.

I should finish up my sweater by the weekend - I don't own a sewing machine so I will have to rely on the kindness of family.

Other than the yarn quantity fiasco, I'm still enjoying making this sweater!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have enough yarn, but... your husband could be right. I think it'll probably look like a funky design detail... tres chic!

And, if you have just a bit of the nutmeg heather left (or something else, depending on the design you choose), you could duplicate stitch something onto that band (your initials maybe, or get creative... I'm sure there's lots of possibilities), which would REALLY make the band look intentional.

- Leisel

12:35 PM

 
Blogger karrie said...

I think it is going to look really great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

What do you need a sewing machine for?
(I think the stripe looks cool, too!)

9:50 AM

 
Blogger marirob said...

Thanks for all the positive comments! I seamed the sweater together today and it looks pretty good.

Carole, I need the sewing machine to sew on the zipper - I'm a dreadful hand sewer and if I try to sew it on myself, I think it'll fall off. I am having trouble finding a zipper, but I'm scheduled to sew it on Friday! Yippee!

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Tanya said...

I love the design modification! It looks great. Out of curiousity, what size are you making, how many balls did you get for the sleeves, and did you lengthen the sleeves? I'm hoping to lengthen the sleeves but I wonder if I would have enough yarn. Hmm.

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

I really like the one stripe too. I think it will be great because it will be different. And I just LOVE the color combo your picked. It's my favorite so far! Very pretty!

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home