Thursday, December 23, 2004

Introduction!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone :) and introduce my self. My name is Tawana and I am from NY. My 1yr knitaversary is actually coming up (New Years Eve/Day) That's right I only learned how to knit 1 year ago. But once I picked up those needles I could not put them down.

I had started the Card before I knew about the knitalong so I have already finished the back, and the two front panels and I am now on the sleeves. I am knitting the Cardi with Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in Jacarinda. I also had got Rasberry and Rose Pink, but I found that the rose pink was like pepto bismo pink and did not look good with the rasberry, maybe it will look good as a baby sweater. Let's see then I headed back to elann and got Summer sky and Electric Blue to make another Cardi, When they came I wasn't sure about the Electric Blue with Summer Sky, so I ordered Dark Indigo Heather. but I knit up a swatch of Electric blue and Summer sky and it doesn't look bad together, now I just have to wait for Drk Indigo Heather and see which one is better.

I also had a question about the sleeves, for the increases, in the part where it says

Repeat INC Row
every 8 rows 0 (0, 6, 6, 4, 9) times, then
every 10 rows 8 (6, 4, 4, 6, 2) times, then
every 12 rows 0 (2, 0, 0, 0, 0) times.
9 (9, 11, 11, 11, 12) INCs total – 64 (66, 70, 72, 74, 76) sts

Do you do the increases only on the RS row or both the RS and WS row?

Thanks in adavance :)

Oh did I mention this is actually my first sweater, and second knitalong, it's going very fast. I can't wait to start the second sweater.

I will try and posts pics this evening as I have to get ready for work ( I couldn't wait to post) :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tawana said...

Thanks for the advice. I guess I should have waited to start my sleeves after asking my question, so I'm off to frog my sleeves and start them over. I glad I am doing them both at the same time. :)

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home