Saturday, January 15, 2005

Finished Ribby


Thank you BonneMarie for the great pattern! I went with the all over rib and used seashell pink in the highland peruvian wool. I'm pretty happy with my end result, I was getting a bit frustrated with the zipper and my mother suggested I have a seamstress do it for me. Best advice ever, definately worth the few dollars she charged. You may notice on the arms I have a panel of stockinette, that's because I didn't read the part in the sleeve pattern that said to work the the rib pattern into the increases, it fits fine and its not as snug as I thought.

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna (Random Knits) said...

Your ribby looks great!
I actually like the idea of a stockinette panel in the sleeves, because I don't like really tight fitting sleeves. I was considering putting a panel down the middle, but I like yours :)

4:52 PM

 
Blogger goodkarma said...

lcord, that ribby is beautiful. The shell pink color is so feminine and soft and flattering!

5:22 PM

 
Blogger Leisel said...

Ok... I hadn't thought I'd like the all-over ribbed version, but you've changed my mind. It looks great!

Hmmm... interesting idea re: the seamstress... I wouldn't have thought of that, and it might just make the difference between having a finished sweater and just living with a mostly finished sweater.

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful! It looks great on you....really nice knitting!

7:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! Martha, the length of the zipper is 22".

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Kerry said...

That's beautiful! You did a wonderful job and it looks great on you. :)

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I did the same thing on my increases for the sleeves. I think I like it though!

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home