Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ribby *almost* done!


I loved knitting this sweater! I knit it up in maybe just over a week, in the 40/41 size. No problems with the pattern, but I did find that I needed more of the sleeve yarn than expected. As the pattern calls for 12 balls, 1/3 in the sleeve colour and 2/3 in the body colour, I bought 5 for the sleeves and 9 for the body. (I always get extra).
I found that I had nearly 3 balls of the body colour left, and used 4 1/2 balls of the sleeve colour.
Now my problem is the zipper. The sweater has been complete for a week, but I couldn't find a zipper! So I've ordered 5 today, from www.zipperstop.com, in 5 different shades of purple in the hope that at least one of them matches!
Donna
http://avocadia.net/randomknits/

7 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

It looks great Donna! Good job!

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Lynette said...

very nice job!

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Monica said...

I knitted the same size as you did and also needed one more ball of sleeve yarn and have 2 1/2 balls of the yarn for the body leftover. I didn't see anyone else who had yarn leftover.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Monica said...

I forgot to add that your ribby looks great! And I love the colors that you used.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That looks so beautiful! I really love the color combination.

8:51 PM

 
Blogger LeAnne said...

NICE sweater! I did the same size you did and didn't have enough yarn for the sleeves either. I still have to do the right front, so I don't yet know about the body yarn.

Can't wait to be done.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger MyKnittingLife said...

Your ribby turned out so gorgeous! Love those colors!

Meredith

6:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home