Friday, January 28, 2005

dorky dyelot question

When I frogged the back of my sweater, I decided to order three more balls of yarn, since I didn't feel too great about the state the wool was in. Well, of course, the three new balls are a different dyelot. The look the same, however. If they look alike, does the dyelot really matter?
Also, can anyone who has knit the small size tell me how many balls it took for the back panel and each of the two front panels? If it only takes three fr the fron panels, I could just save the new dyelot for that part, maybe.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Waaah! That stinks. Well, don't worry too much about where to use your yarn, because I made the 38/39 size and used less than 6 skeins to make the front and back. So if I were you, making the smallest size, I'd probably use those 3 balls to make the back. or the fronts. Either one should work out just fine.

6:21 PM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

oooooh, thanks goodkarma! That is good news! Did you use the recommended needles sizes?

7:03 PM

 
Blogger goodkarma said...

Yup. I was happy to see that my gauge was right on with Bonne Marie's recommendations! Good luck, Carole! :)

9:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home