Friday, January 21, 2005

Gauge Swatch

Sooo I finally got to sit down tonight and do my swatch...And oops, forgot. I don't know how. I haven't made anything that I have really had to swatch and I'm not sure where to start. I am using Cascade 220, if it matters.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Liz


Edited to add: O.K. I figured out how to do it. My next problem is this. With a #6 needle I get 5.5 st per inch. With a #7 needle I get 5 spi (which is what the label says) The label also says on #8 it's 4.5 spi. I need 4.75, so what size needle do I use?

Oy vey! If I am having this much trouble already.... Man am I in trouble!



3 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Do try with the size 8 needles. The whole point of swatching is that you don't necessarily get what the pattern or yarn label says you will.

11:24 PM

 
Blogger Liz said...

O.K. I got my gauge, exact, on #10 needles. Is that too big though? I would think not, since I have my gauge, but I just had to ask. I didn't think cascade would knit up so different from the yarn in the pattern.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

O.K. Posted a comment earlier but I don't see it. Forgive me if this shows up twice.

I got my gauge on Size 10 needles. I didn't expect the cascade to knit up so differently from what the pattern used. Is it ok to knit this with a 10 instead of the six? I am inclined to say yes, seeing as though I do have my gauge, which is what counts. But I wanted to ask.. And one other "silly" Q? If I do go with the 10, I would use the 11 instead of 7 right?


Yes folks, Liz is having a bad day. Can't think.

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home