Saturday, January 01, 2005

It's Complete

It's complete!! I finally sewed the zipper in the way I like it. The trick was to use the zipper foot for the sewing machine!! What a genius I am.

Final thoughts: I made the sleeves longer, which was a good thing. I don't have long arms, but I noticed the pattern sizes were not going to cut it. I wish I had maybe made a size up. It is very fitted for a cardigan and a little shorter than I would like. On Bonnie Marie's site, she mentioned using snaps--maybe the next one I can do with snaps instead of wrestling with the zipper. All in all I like it. It was an easy, inexpensive project that I would try again! Good luck to everyone else!!

Project notes:
Yarn: Elann's Highland Puruvian Wool in (3075) Antique Blue and (294) Chocolate
Needles used: Denise Interchangeables
Gauge: 19 sts/ 24 rows over 4” Stockinette Stitch using #7 / 4.5mm needles


5 Comments:

Blogger strangelittlemama said...

It looks so great! I'd love to see a picture of it on, too.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Hillrunnergirl said...

Awesome job! It looks really good. I lengtheren the sleeves too--did you do that at the top before the shoulder shaping or at the wrists? I finally decided to do it at the top part.

How did you block it--steam w/iron or wet block? I'm using the same yarn, so any pointers would help.

It looks really, really good--you should be proud!

Leah

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Leisel said...

Yes, please do show us a modelled picture... pretty please.

- Leisel

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Scoutj said...

Beeyooteeus! I love your colors!

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

lovely job! I really like how you did the collar - looks great.

7:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home