Saturday, January 01, 2005

Wow!

I am amazed at some of the finished products here! It is so fun to go back and see how everyone's sweaters are going. I've finished the back and one sleeve, and it is a really fun knit. With a busy schedule at work this next week, I hope to have this done by next weekend.

Loving the pattern though, and it's really cool to see all the different color choices people are using. My daughter wants me to make the next one out of black and white, and I keep telling her that there are so many other colors to choose from. And, for the record, I'm really liking the Peruvian wool from elann.com. It's really pliable and forgiving (important!) and at that price you just can't go wrong.

I did lengthen the sleeves though. I have really long arms, so right before the shaping part, I kept knitting until it was 19 inches. I figured I can roll up the cuffs if necessary, but one of the best parts about knitting is that I can finally make things that fit my Olive Oyl body!

Happy New Year everone!

Leah


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home