Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Sigh.

Tonight, I will be ripping out my entire left front and most of the right front of my Cardi. I was zipping along, and would have been done yesterday.

This is where it all goes horribly wrong. Let me step you through the issues:

1. I finished the left front. I was a bit nervous about my neck decreases, but figured if they were wrong, I could just go back later.
2. I pulled out my Denise interchangable kit so I could switch back to the 'smaller' needles to do my ribbing. I notice that I never switched to the 'larger' needles.
3. Grrr.
4. In a moment of strange knitter logic, I decide that it's 'OK'. I'll just do the right front the same way.
5. I start the right front, and THEN get the smart idea to see if any of you gals posted pictures of your fronts. You know, just to check that mine were correct.
6. Oh, yes. You all DID post pictures. And my interpretation was totally wrong.
7. I finally realize what I should have realized on Sunday. The time to take a trip to the Frog Pond has come.

Rippit-rippit!

7 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh nooooo! I'm so sorry! I just switched up to my Addi's and am wondering already if it's going to be big enough. How's this for messed up logic...if it doesn't fit me I'll just give it to one of my friends who it might fit and call it a day! I am a frogophobe!

7:23 AM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

awwww, that sucks!!!

8:11 AM

 
Blogger goodkarma said...

Aw, I'm sorry! But just keep in mind two things: it knits up fairly quickly, and you will be soooo much happier in the end when your sweater fits you beautifully.

Good grief, I sound like my mother!

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

Welcome to the frog pond! I too had to rip out my back. I started again but with a front piece this time (less to rip out if I am again too small), up a needle size and up a pattern size. I just blocked the front left and it appears great!

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I posted those pictures and my right front edge still didn't end up looking quite the same as the left. I'm going to try and hide the extra length of the neck edge on mine.

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Tawana said...

Well all this week my family has looked at my pieces and kept asking me if it will fit me. So now I am thinking that the smallest size will be too small for me. I think i am just going to continue make it and if fits okay, if it doesn't oh well I got more yarn to make another sweater. :(

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Cece said...

Thanks gals! I have done the ripping, and now I'm back on track. I know that when I do this one 'right' it'll be a sweater I wear often. So, better to take the time to do it right, rather than have it stuck in the back of my closet!

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home