Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Stretchy ribby?

Hi everyone!

Love seeing how everyone's ribbies are coming along! I have a question for you knowledgeable ladies out there - does anyone know how to get a stretched garment back into smaller shape without actually shrinking it? After I blocked my ribby pieces, the ribbing really relaxed and I'm afraid the sweater will look all stretchy after seaming it all up. I wet blocked them (giving them a full-on soak in the sink as opposed to using a spray bottle - I wanted to soften them up a bit with Eucalan) so I think that's why the ribbing stretched out so much. I was really careful to not wring out the pieces, or to let the weight of the water pull on the fabric, but still. Take a look at the pic in this post - the one at the bottom showing the cat sleeping (!) on my ribby front. See how relaxed the ribbing is? Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

The RS looks the same! You can see the ladders between the rows:( Strange that it fits fine (just a little long) but it looks stretchy, you know? I'll attach the collar tonite and see what happens!

12:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home