Thursday, March 03, 2005

Totally pumped!!

I finished knitting all the parts of my cardi and sewed them together. I was nervous. While making the sweater I dreamed about what it would look like when done. I had a clear vision in my mind of what I wanted. I do this with all projects and most of the time I guess my expectations are so high I'm often disappointed with the end result. Dare I attempt to put it on before the zipper is installed? With bated breath I slipped my arms into the sleeves. Everything seems okay and then I looked in the mirror. Wow!! For the first time in probably 20 years, I've knit a sweater that fits like a glove - no complaints! Usually when I make sweaters, the sleeves are too short or the body's too short (I'm a tall girl) or they turn out too baggy (I'm a loose knitter). I took a chance - a big chance, and added 2" to the sleeves and 1.5" to the body - thanks to all who suggested adding length. What a gamble but it worked!! I'm more excited than ever to finish the collar and install the zipper. I'll post pictures as soon as I have them. I'm so excited, I just had to post....

2 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Way to go... can't wait to see the finished product

- Leisel

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

i know the feeling of not having them work out so this is awesome! great job!

-katie

6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home