Saturday, October 29, 2005

New here and just starting ribbi

Actually, I just ordered my yarn. I'm going to use the peruvian highland wool from elann. I figured it's probably the best for me to start with. If I am successful, I will probably try some kind of cotton blend.

I have read through all of the posts on this blog and made notes from them so hopefully when I run into trouble, it will make it easier to find answers.

I would like to knit the body all in one piece, but I don't know if I can keep everything straight. I suppose I will try it that way and if I can't, I'll just rip and start again.

I am doing this one in blue and brown. Very unusual colors for me. I'm being daring.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hi Amy! : )

Hope you get your yarn soon.. Elann is usually pretty speedy.

You have the right attitude about trying the body... if it isn't working out.. ripping is no big deal. But atleast you'll know you have tried.

What shades of blue and brown are you using? Are they like the one in the pattern?

6:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome... I can't wait to see your progress. You should be able to do it in the round... others here have. Search the archives for them, and I'm sure you can find out who it was and ask them for suggestions if you need help.

8:26 AM

 
Blogger AmyV said...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I decided to use the blue vista which is more of a baby blue than the one in the original. They didn't have the chocolate brown so I went with the nutmet heather. I'm hoping that they match o.k. I kind of cheated and checked out some color schemes on sweaters at the mall. We'll see how well I did in a few days.

I got a new camera today, so I'll be able to post progress as I go along. Hopefully it will progress rapidly. I have 4 kids so I don't have tons of time to knit, but I usually find ways to sneak in a few minutes here and there. That's the reason I'm nervous about knitting the body in one piece. It's hard to concentrate around here sometimes. I guess I'll need to place stitch markers at frequent intervals and keep pen and paper handy.

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Bear Knits said...

I'm also attempting to do the body in 1 piece. I've done about 9" in the body and started the cuffs of 1 sleeve (in the round, too) to break the monotony. Since I'm doing the ribbing all over, I used stitch markers to identify when ribbing changes from 2x2 to 3x1 and also to mark the back from the front pieces.

9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the colors sound great! Can you post some pictures for us to see?

9:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home