Sunday, October 02, 2005

My 2nd Ribby In Progress

Howdie : )

I thought yall might want to see a progress picture of my ribby.. I'm doing the body in one piece and right now I'm doing the back decreases with the "fronts" on stitch holders..



Such a long piece is hard to photograph.. sorry for the bad picture.

I haven't been working on it as much as I should be.. but since our weather is still in the 90s durring the day I don't think it's that big of a deal.. I can't stand the thought of finishing another sweater I can't wear.

I haven't even worn my first Ribby out and about yet!

Figuring out just how to do the bindoffs was a little tricky.. but once you realise you do them all on the same row.. (A wrong side row) it gets much easier. I didn't have the heart to cut the yarn at the end of the row.. so I took a giant safety pin and pinned the ball gently to the wrong side of that front so it doesn't roll away or anything. I'm hoping that'll work out.. but if I notice anything getting dammaged I'll take the pin out.

Oh.. a helpful hint.. If you're doing the body all in one piece.. make sure that you use stitch makers to remind yourself where one piece ends and the other begins.. It'll save you loads of stitch counting. That's for sure!

I haven't gotten sick of the yarn yet! I thought I might since I'm doing it all in one color.. but I really haven't.. I'm suprised! I must really like it ; )

So that's about all I can think of to update about.. I hope it won't be another month before I update again. lol. That's what I get for doing another project in the middle of this one.

I hope all of you are happily knitting your Ribbies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home