Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm moving right along on my ribby and still hoping like crazy it's going to fit. Here are a few pictures of what I had so far on Monday (very very unblocked, I might add). I'm a little bit further on the sleeve now and almost ready to start decreasing. Yesterday I was just too busy to work on it much.

I'm thinking for the second one (for my daughter) I'm going to try and do the body in one piece and the sleeves in the round. I thought about doing that with this one but since it's my first sweater, I really thought I'd better follow the directions as they are written and then I'll have my feet wet enough to maybe try and modify it some. Hers will also be the smallest size instead of the largest size so I imagine it will knit up much quicker than mine.

I'm really liking the way the colors are working up. I'm using knitpicks.com Carrot and Coal. I'm even thinking of going up to the sporting goods shop in town that does all the school uniforms and embroidery if they have a patch with our school logo or if they could make one. Would be really cool to add that to my daughter's.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky...

I just wanted to tell you, I really love the striping on the sleeves.

6:29 AM

 
Blogger Talavaria said...

I love the sleeve striping too! And the idea of a school patch is awesome. Good luck!

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home