Thursday, September 29, 2005

Taking a little off the bottom....

I'm pretty positive this is possible in theory but I need a little more info before I attempt it in practice.

My second ribby, though my favorite of my two ribbys, is about 1.5 inches too long. I wouldn't care except that it bunches up or kind of rolls under at the bottom edge and looks really, really bad. I wish I had a picture but I'm sure you can all imagine this little sweater roll around my hips... not a good place for a sweater roll.

So how hard would it be to find the ends (beginnings??), pull out the stitches upwards to the length I want and then bind it off again? It wasn't knit in the round and I know this makes it more complicated but man, if I can do this, I think this will jump the ranks to being my favorite sweater ever.

Thanks for your knowledge!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

Check out Jean at the Scottish Lambs recent post. http://scottishlamb.typepad.com/the_scottish_lamb/2005/09/the_long_and_sh.html. She addresses this exact issue! What timing! Take care, Tori

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

I tried to respond to this the day it was posted but blogger wasn't cooperating so: thank you so much! this was a great help to me in understanding the process. (though i'm still scared to actually take the plunge)

-katie

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home