Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Another question before beginning


I saw that Elann has a new Peruvian wool in an Aran weight that has a gauge of 18 stitches/4 inches on size 8. I am wondering if I could use this for Ribby? I tend to be a tight knitter so would probably make gauge ok, and if Ribby were a smidge big, that would be ok. (Can you tell I am trying to justify?)

I am thinking of Mallard for the body and Jasper for the sleeves










Or Atlantic Mist for the body and Dusty teal from the highland wool collection for the sleeves


Any thoughts on being able to use the aran weight??

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

To justify you even more:
I used Rowan ASC which is Aran weight.
I knit tightly too.
I got gauge.
My sweater wasn't big : )

I think that is a great idea.. and.. I love those colors.

7:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question isn't just if you can get gauge... it's if you like the resulting fabric, or if you think it's too stiff.

Since it worked for Kim, it might work for you, too. Another option would be to knit at an appropriate gauge for the yarn, but knit using the directions for a smaller size.

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home