Monday, January 03, 2005

Decrease Question

Hello again! I've gotten used to the splitty wool-ease and have finished my left front and gotten to the decreases on the Right Front.

My question is a very basic one but as this is my first sweater I think it's valid. It says to work the armhole and neck shaping on the Right Front the same as the Left Front, reversing all shapings and doing a K2TOG instead of an SSK. I assumed this to mean that on the RS I would work all stiches as they appear until the last four stitches and then K2TOG and K2. Is this correct? So far it doesn't look quite right.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Katie

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

You are right. On the left front, you knit 2, then ssk, and then continued on. For the right front, you knit until there are 4 stitches left, k2tog, and then k 2.

You are doing great on your first sweater!

5:46 AM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

Thanks, Cece! I'm definitely learning as i go. It seems I didn't quite understand the concept of putting my needle in "knitwise" for the K2TOG until last night. Got it now though and it looks much better.

However, I'm beginning to realize that I didn't do enough armhole decreases on the Left Front before starting the neck edge so that will have to be redone.

Thanks for clarifying the decreases for me!

-Katie

6:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home