Introducing... my new ribby cardi!
so i actually finished my ribby cardi last weekend but finally got around to taking some pictures this weekend. i made the smallest size with some minor alterations. first, here are some notes about what i changed or would do differently next time:
1) i have gorilla arms. my sleeves are 21" from wrist to armhole decreases (which sounds so much nicer then armpits). they are the perfect length and i wish every sweater i owned had nice cozy sleeves like this.
2) i lengthened the body by 1" but next time think i will add another inch or two. i guess i have an extremely long torso to go with those gorilla arms.
3) i ran out of chocolate for the collar so it's short and lays funny so next time i would definitely buy more of the alternate color.
4) i compromised on the zipper due to a lack of variety at the store. i figured that since i never zip my cardigans up all of the way i didn't need a zipper to go up all of the way... but with the too short collar this only adds to the curling under of the collar.
5) the wool-ease is exceptionally comfortable and cozy but it catches really easy on everything (especially my cats little claws). not sure if other yarn is better at that but i would like to try a 100% wool sweater.
but even with all that, i really really love this sweater! i still can't believe i made it and in only a month! i will definitely be making another ribby cardi. new colors, ribbed all over, and it will be like a completely different sweater.
on to the pictures where, for some reason, my head got squished: