Monday, January 24, 2005

Introducing... my new ribby cardi!

so i actually finished my ribby cardi last weekend but finally got around to taking some pictures this weekend. i made the smallest size with some minor alterations. first, here are some notes about what i changed or would do differently next time:

1) i have gorilla arms. my sleeves are 21" from wrist to armhole decreases (which sounds so much nicer then armpits). they are the perfect length and i wish every sweater i owned had nice cozy sleeves like this.

2) i lengthened the body by 1" but next time think i will add another inch or two. i guess i have an extremely long torso to go with those gorilla arms.

3) i ran out of chocolate for the collar so it's short and lays funny so next time i would definitely buy more of the alternate color.

4) i compromised on the zipper due to a lack of variety at the store. i figured that since i never zip my cardigans up all of the way i didn't need a zipper to go up all of the way... but with the too short collar this only adds to the curling under of the collar.

5) the wool-ease is exceptionally comfortable and cozy but it catches really easy on everything (especially my cats little claws). not sure if other yarn is better at that but i would like to try a 100% wool sweater.

but even with all that, i really really love this sweater! i still can't believe i made it and in only a month! i will definitely be making another ribby cardi. new colors, ribbed all over, and it will be like a completely different sweater.

on to the pictures where, for some reason, my head got squished:

inspired by the collage someone did earlier

me looking goofy in my new sweater

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I also am fearing I won't have enough "arm" color for my collar - an extra ball would be in order.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

yeah, next time i'll definitely buy an extra right off the bat. now that i know i have giant arms. hehe.

-katie

5:25 PM

 
Blogger goodkarma said...

Niiiice! It's really cute on you and I think you did a magnificent job. I hope mine fits me as well as yours fits you.

And now you know what dimensions you really want in a sweater for the next go-around!

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Leisel said...

Well, from another one with gorilla arms and a long torso to match... WOO HOO!!! the arms are long enough!

Looks almost like you stole the sweater right off the official photo. Great job.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

Thanks guys! I can't wait to make another sweater now. I think my son is next in line though so it'll be awhile.

-Katie

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Katie Collette said...

i really do love it. i have to restrain myself from wearing it every day. :)

-katie

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home