Monday, January 24, 2005

Babys Got Back!

Yes folks, I finished my back, and as far as I can tell, it's all good. I wan't sure if I was supposed to BO with purls or knits since it was a purl row. So I decided to purl. (Can you spell...New Knitter) I love how soft and warm it feels already!


So of course, now I have a whole new list of questions for the next part, so here they are.

Left Front: "Follow Decrease Instructions as for back and when.." I am just following the "repreat DEC rowevery RS row" part, correct?

Now the Neck Shaping, I have read it and read it and read it. I know it is supposed to make sense but I just can't grasp it (I'll blame this on the taking care of two babies with 103.3 temps, alone) hehe First off, I want the same amount of DEC as the back piece, so if I did 29 on the back, then I would do 21 before I get to the neck shaping and then eight more along with the neck. Is that right? Now the BO part.. "Start Next Shaping by Binding off sts at neck edge. Do I do that before my DEC? Or do I BO on the WS, which wouldn't mess with the DEC sts?

And then after I get through all of that.... "Dec 1 st at neck edge every RS row" At this point, am I done with the other DEC pattern? And do I k2tog or ssk? Forgive me, I can't visualize it, otherwise I would know which way the slant is.


PHEW! Got all that? There is one good thing that comes from all my simple questions... Bet it makes a lot of you feel reallly smart :) not that you aren't, of course



Edited to add: I tried to put a picture in four times, but no matter how much I resize it it comes up Huge, so nevermind. Not like you don't know what it looks like anyhow :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Thanks. I think I get it all now... One more question about the neck shaping...

DEC 1 st at neck edge every rs rwo... So am I knitting one, then decreasing, or am I decreasing the very first stitch? And do I k2tog or ssk? (YEs I know one slants the opposite way, I just can't visualize which is which, etc)

Thanks for answering me. I was beginning to think no one would help a little ol beginner like me.

Liz

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home