Friday, January 21, 2005

I've been working on it...

I've made it through the waist ribbing on the back. Not a whole lot of point showing a picture, I'm sure you all know what that much will look like.

I also picked up the two front panels and started working on them. One of the balls had a break in the yarn (and a knot to go with it), and of course, it had to fall such that I didn't notice it until I was 2/3 - 3/4 of the way through the row, and it won't reach the rest of the way. So, I get to join the yarns in the middle of the fabric or tink back to the beginning of the row. I'd prefer not to have to knit two strands together to make the change... I have tried that on my felted bags (where it didn't matter), and it does make a lump, so I may tink back, unless I figure out a different way to change yarns.

- Leisel

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessimuhka said...

I've been spit splicing my ends, nothing to weave in then.

fray about 1-2" up each end, separating the plies.
overlap the frayed plies and either spit on them or put them in your mouth and chew on them a bit (I do the second one)
rub the overlaped ends between your hands, on your jeans, etc for heat and friction.
the ends will felt together. let them dry, then continue knitting as normal.

8:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home