Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Need yarn for the Cardi

Hi. I just joined the group. My name is Liz, SAHM to two little ones, and I just taught myself to knit about six months ago. Glad to be here!

O.K. So on to the cardi. I need to buy yarn for the cardi. I looked at elann but the colors that are available aren't exactly appealing to me. I am not sure what would be a good yarn to use for this pattern. I want something that isn't too itchy, and I really want something in a Chocolate color. So please help me out here. I want to start on this yesterday :)


And one last thing... Once I start this cardi, beware. I am the question Queen.

Liz

2 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Someone else here is using Paton's Classic Wool... she's even using a chocolate brown color. Here's her post with pictures.Cascade 220 should also be a good substitution. I just used some for another project, and it is FAR less scratchy than the elann brand. It comes in tons of colors, too, and is pretty easy to find... if your LYS doesn't have it, then there are plenty of places online... if you need help finding one, email me at sagebrush at gmail dot com

HTH

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks for the ideas. I decided to use Cascade in Chocolate. Can I say I just love the color!!! I have been wanting to make something with this color for a while now. I also order the Denise Interchangable Needles today, since I don't have either size needed for the cardi, as well as a few for other patterns.

Now let's just hope it ships fast, and at the same time, since I order from two different places.

Liz

6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home