Friday, May 20, 2005

Zipper Time..

Howdie : )

Just thought I'd check in with an update.

I've been following Bonne's zipper installing directions to the letter so far.. I have the zipper basted on the sweater and it looks... pretty ok. I don't know for sure if I did it exactly right because I can kinda see the zipper teeth when it's zipped up.. and she says you shouldn't be able to at all. But I might also be too fussy.

I've pretty much decided to try machine sewing it.. I am even more convinced now that I am a crappy hand sewer. I've also decided if I don't like how it turns out.. I'll rip it out again and take it to a seamstress. I wish I could be more confident about this whole thing.

Hopefully I'll have a finished product soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I followed Bonne Marie's directions, and suprizingly the sewing machine manual helped a TON with that end of it.. I personally highly recomend the Brother sewing machines you can get at Wal*Mart..

As for pictures.. my blog has detailed pictures of my zipper installed.. but not of me installing it.

7:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home