Saturday, September 03, 2005

Finishing the Left Front

Well, I've finally gotten back to my Ribby after a brief hiatus and am in the process of finishing up the Left Front. I am running into a little bit of difficulty so I'm hoping that all of you experienced Ribby Cardi knitters can offer some advice.

Okay, so I've just completed the 18 decreases and am ready to start the neck shaping. I am working my way to the end of the RS row. Is it correct to assume that I bind off the 5 stitches at the beginning of the WS row?

Since I'm working the pattern for the smallest sized Ribby it looks like there will be a total of 24 decreases for the armhole shaping, decreasing 1 stitch at neck edge every RS row. Do I follow the K2, SSK, work stitches as they appear pattern to the last two stitches and then K2tog for the decrease at the neck edge, or do something else altogether? Also, how do I proceed with the shaping on both sides when I'm down to only a handful of stitches?

Thanks in advance!

-Josephine-

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

What you're saying sounds right to me : )

But as for the last few stitches... I used the Ribby Notes which are AMMENCELEY helpful...

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Josephine said...

Thanks Kim! The notes were extremely helpful. Both fronts are now done and I'm halfway through the first sleeve. Gettin' close =)

4:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home