Friday, September 16, 2005

It's finally done!!



Well, still needs a zipper, but still. So I've left this poor thing sitting in my knitting bag or on my couch at home, almost done save for a quarter of a front panel, languishing on a stitch holder since mid-July. Finally, the day before Labor Day, it was time. I grabbed the piece, grabbed the needles, frogged as necessary, remembered how to interpet my pattern notes, and finished that damn panel. I sewed, even though I didn't think I'd be able to put on the sleeves without trauma, assistance, and holy mother of GOD, I had my first sweater. I picked up the stitches for the collar and brought the darn thing to my Russian culture class to work on before the class started and mostly for attention. I skipped throughout the halls smiling and telling people "I have a sweater!" Many compliments and squealing and people being proud of me has ensued. More importantly, I'm proud of myself and knitted a garment I actually want to wear (see: halter top of doom and indecency in my blog). Life is awesome.

Click to enlarge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm glad you finnally got it finished! The colors really look good together..

(I'd compliment more but it's really hard to see it on you in that picture! but I'm sure it looks great : ) )

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Josephine said...

Congrats on sticking with the project and seeing it through to completion! From what I can see, the Ribby looks great. I'd love to see more of your work. Can you post the URL for your blog?

-Josephine-

5:59 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I notice that you aren't in our members list on the side of the blog.. (I don't know when you joined so if this is my fault I am SO sorry!)

If you want me to I can add you to it and put the link of your blog with your name. Just let me know!

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home