Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but... For some reason the top of my sleeves came out considerably longer than the armholes [see how they are in the picture] and I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else?

What ever mistake I made I made it consistantly since it's like that for both sleeves. I've already blocked the pieces so I really don't want to rip it out. I may just try to make it fit when I attach the arms. Did anyone else have this problem?

That being said, I love this pattern and I can't wait to finish this Ribbi off so I can start a new one in Cotton Fleece! A two color one I think...


Blogger d-made said...

Before you set in a sleeve, you should pin it on so you don't have any shifting. I use Clover clips to "baste" the sleeve on before I start stitching.

11:27 AM

Blogger jessica~ said...

I've never used those pins before but I'll look into using them for this. Thanks!

1:19 PM

Blogger Leisel said...

I did have times when the pieces didn't match up. I tried to use the pins at first, but (and maybe I was doing something wrong) they just seemed to get in my way, so I stopped using them. I think if I'd been able to, it would've helped me space my fixes better, but it wouldn't have kept the pieces from not matching up (since Mattress stitch really gives you one stitch on one piece to one stitch on the other, blocking shouldn't change how it works up).

At any rate, if you do have one longer than the other, you can catch two stitches instead of one on the longer piece every once in a while (if you need to do this multiple times, do not place them close together, as it will cause ripples... try to space your fudges evenly across the seam).


- Leisel

10:16 PM

Blogger Roxanne said...

I remember mine being a wee bit longer too and it didn't seem to matter once everything was seamed up. Line it up as best you can and go for it! You can always re-seam too.

9:23 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home