Monday, December 13, 2004

Antique Blue and Chocolate

Hello, everyone!! My name is Amanda and you can learn more about me at my blog. I began my Ribby Cardi back in November as soon as I received my yarn from Elann. I am using an Antique Blue for the body and Chocolate for the arms. I am already done with the back and the two fronts:

 



I thought I had taken a picture of the back, but I cannot seem to find it. I will do that later today. I do have a question about the arms. I already knit one of the arms, but I ended up ripping it out--How is everyone handling the rib pattern as you increase? Also, I am doing the second size and I think the arms may be too short based on the pattern...did anyone else have to lengthen the arms or am I being neurotic? Thanks for the help in advance...can't wait to see how everyone's turns out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I always lengthen the arms on everything I knit - so I'm doing sleeve #1 right now and am going to make the inseam 19". (1 1/2" longer than the length specified for the 36/37 size). As for the increases, I'm following the pattern and always adding them 2 stitches in from each side of the sleeve - so I'll handle it like this:

Increase #1: add a knit stitch (3 knit stitches at each end)
Inc #2: add a knit stitch (4 knit stitches at each end)
Inc #3: add a purl stitch in the middle of the knit stiches (2 knits, 1 purl, 2 knits at each end)
Inc #4: add a purl stitch (2 knits, 2 purls, 2 knits...)

and then on from there. I noticed that b/c I do it this way, I will end up with 4 knit stitches at each end when I finish the increases. But that's fine, since the seam will be on the inside of my arm. And it might look kind of nice anyway.

Hope that all makes sense! :)

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home