Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Cheering up my Christmas Blues

Hi, I'm Cece. I'm excited to join this knitalong!

I usually never allow myself to get into the position where I have lots of knitting to do for Christmas. Especially if it's knitting scarves. I. HATE. KNITTING. SCARVES.

Needless to say, I was tempted by this beautiful sparkley Mohair, and have been slugging through finishing it for a friend that I know will love it.

Enter the Ribby Cardi. It's a fun project that I know I will wear a lot. So I decided to reward myself for progress on the scarves (yes there is another but I can't even talk about it. Let's just say there are many different novelty yarns involved, and it's a special request by my Mother in law) by knitting a fun sweater for me.

I'm starting the sleeves first - and then I'll decide if I like the Ribby all over with the ribbing, or the one with the plain panels. Mine will be in a dark purple/pink color. You can see a picture of the beginning of my sleeves on my blog.

This will be fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger strangelittlemama said...

Are you knitting both sleeves at the same time? What length circs? I think I will do the same!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Cece said...

Yes - I always do both sleeves at the same time, as sleeves are my least favorite. It takes longer, but when you are done, you're done. I don't know the exact size of the circular, but just pick one that you can manage the 200+ stitches we'll end up with for both sleeves after all the increases comforatably.

I use Denise Interchangables, so if I run out of space, I can just add on some more cable!

11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home