Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Finished!

I finished my ribby cardi and took photos over the weekend:



and the more sassy pose:



I'm super happy with this sweater. It was a really good first sweater project. I learned some new techniques and it was very, very quick. And I'm happy with the one stripe! Thank you all for the positive comments on my previous post!

I made the mock turtleneck version and ran the zipper all the way to the top. My collar came out pretty wonky but I blocked it and it looks a little better. I think I need to sew the zipper on again (my sewing machine skills seem to be as bad as my hand sewing skills) but I'm not sure when I'll do it... (you can tell how badly I sewed it on if you look at the bottom of my zipper).

I didn't modify the pattern at all, and I think I should have. I would have made the sweater and sleeves slightly longer.

The Peruvian wool makes a very warm sweater. The sleeves are pretty tight so I'm not sure if I could wear a long sleeve shirt underneath.

Someone asked me below how many balls of yarn I bought. I made the smallest size and bought 7 balls of peridot and 3 balls of nutmeg heather. I used all the nutmeg heather and 5 and a little bit of the peridot.

Phew! Lots of info there. Let me know if you have any questions!

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Looks great! You've inspired me to finish my first sweater :)

10:09 AM

 
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

OMG, that is soooo awesome!! It looks adorable & I love love love the stripe. Nice job-- you can be the rest of our inspiration.

10:16 AM

 
Blogger T. said...

It looks great! Love the stripe :-)

I'm still waiting for my yarn, mighty annoyed with the LYS ...

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Scoutj said...

Ohhh I love it! And I actually think the stripe on the arm is awesome!!! Great job.

3:18 PM

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

GREAT JOB! I love the right sleeve stripe - and the color combo. and the sassy pose.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Tanya said...

It looks lovely! Great colours! I really like how the yarn shortage ended up working out looking neat. Congrats on finishing it. (p.s. you look like you are somewhere warm where you don't need the sweater right now!)

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home