I finished my ribby cardi and took photos over the weekend:
and the more sassy pose:
I'm super happy with this sweater. It was a really good first sweater project. I learned some new techniques and it was very, very quick. And I'm happy with the one stripe! Thank you all for the positive comments on my previous post!
I made the mock turtleneck version and ran the zipper all the way to the top. My collar came out pretty wonky but I blocked it and it looks a little better. I think I need to sew the zipper on again (my sewing machine skills seem to be as bad as my hand sewing skills) but I'm not sure when I'll do it... (you can tell how badly I sewed it on if you look at the bottom of my zipper).
I didn't modify the pattern at all, and I think I should have. I would have made the sweater and sleeves slightly longer.
The Peruvian wool makes a very warm sweater. The sleeves are pretty tight so I'm not sure if I could wear a long sleeve shirt underneath.
Someone asked me below how many balls of yarn I bought. I made the smallest size and bought 7 balls of peridot and 3 balls of nutmeg heather. I used all the nutmeg heather and 5 and a little bit of the peridot.
Phew! Lots of info there. Let me know if you have any questions!