Saturday, December 31, 2005

My Ribby is finished



I used Elann's Peruvian Sierra Aran in Mallard for the body and Jasper for the sleeves and color. I decided to do the zipper band in the Jasper as well. I made the size 40/41 used 7 balls in mallard for the body and about 6 in jasper for the sleeves and the collar. I also tipped the collar in the lighter color. I still have to block the collar because it was laying a little wonky when I tried it on. Even though it looks incredibly small, the ribbing really does stretch out and it fits perfectly...you can see all the ribbing when I have it on but it doesn't look stretched out.

I like the contrast and it also made it easier to find a zipper. I could not find anything to match the lighter Mallard color and really didn't want to wait for one to come from Zipperstop.com. I ended up using a navy zipper that I think blends in quite well. I ended up sewing this zipper in by hand...I found I had more control over lining it up well if I did it by hand. My sewing machine is working quite well after I had it cleaned and tuned up but I am not the best seamstress in the world. Sewing it in by hand really didn't take that long either.

This was a great pattern and I may consider making another one, maybe in a solid color...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Looks great Kim! I was thinking of doing that to my collar too (the lighter tipped thing..) but I guess I was just way happy to be done.. lol. Did you think that came out well?

I'm amazed that your entire sweater only took 13 balls of yarn.. I had the worst time getting enough yarn for mine.. and I did the smallest size. I think I used more yarn than you did.... weird.....

Oh well.. like I said yours looks great : ) Hope you like wearing it!

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Kim,
I don't know why mine took up less yarn. I lengthened the body by about an inch and I did not lengthen the sleeves.

3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
Love your colors! How did the sizing go witht he aran wieght yarn? I'm thinking of using it for my second ribby.

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Jay said...

OOh... VERY nice. I love the colours you've used.

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home