Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Buttonband part 2


This is what my band looks like, I am not sure if this is supposed to happen or why...
See the slanted stitches? Those are the skipped ones, is this normal?
Is there something that can be done about this? Or is this the way I knit? It isn't like all my stitches are even or anything, but this stands out.

I have never done this before, so I am clueless (If that wasn't already obvious). Maybe I picked up the stitches wrong....?

Thanks for the feedback on my previous questions, by the way, it helps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Hi Melissa - you are doing great - aren't knitting weird! :)

I think what is happening here is that you picked up too few stitches. That squashes the band against the edge and makes it gather in just a little too much.

I like to pick up in a ratio of 5 sts for every 6 rows for yarn at this gauge (worsted weight). I think you did a 3/4 ratio, which would work for a bulkier yarn (Aran weight).

Take a deep breath - and rippit, baby.

5:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home