Friday, January 13, 2006

Intro Post

Hello, all! I'm close to done my first Ribby Cardi, but I wanted to join this great knitalong nonetheless. In the last 5 minutes or so, I cast off on the sleeves, so all my 'pieces' so to speak, are done. Now all I have to worry about is finishing...which is always a challenge for me. I'm ready to wear it now!! :-P

I really liked the colors shown in the pattern, so I chose 2117 Celadon for the body (same as the pattern) and 0208 Malt Heather for the arms & collar (a touch lighter than the pattern). I have 3 full balls of the Celadon left over, and I'm hoping enough of the Malt Heather to finish the collar. After seeing some other Ribby's, I plan on doing the shawl collar.

I'll end with a question: If anyone else did the body in Celadon, what color/kind of zipper did you get? I'm terrified of ordering the wrong color. Thanks in advance, and happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the finishing going, Amanda? I am looking forward to seeing your Ribby!

I have just started mine. Do you have any little pearls of wisdom of to share about the pattern?

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Hi Amanda! I made the original with Celadon and used a beige zipper. The little band in front covers it so it only peeks through a little. Can't wait to see yours! :)

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home