My Ribby is finished
I used Elann's Peruvian Sierra Aran in Mallard for the body and Jasper for the sleeves and color. I decided to do the zipper band in the Jasper as well. I made the size 40/41 used 7 balls in mallard for the body and about 6 in jasper for the sleeves and the collar. I also tipped the collar in the lighter color. I still have to block the collar because it was laying a little wonky when I tried it on. Even though it looks incredibly small, the ribbing really does stretch out and it fits perfectly...you can see all the ribbing when I have it on but it doesn't look stretched out.
I like the contrast and it also made it easier to find a zipper. I could not find anything to match the lighter Mallard color and really didn't want to wait for one to come from Zipperstop.com. I ended up using a navy zipper that I think blends in quite well. I ended up sewing this zipper in by hand...I found I had more control over lining it up well if I did it by hand. My sewing machine is working quite well after I had it cleaned and tuned up but I am not the best seamstress in the world. Sewing it in by hand really didn't take that long either.
This was a great pattern and I may consider making another one, maybe in a solid color...